Totally Gross Things They Insist On Showing On TV, That You Probably Don’t Even Care About Unless You Have Hyperemesis Gravidarum

by anna on March 14, 2011

1. The part in the Dyson ad where they show you how the little cyclone things don’t ever lose suction, and make you look at computer-animated dust particles blowing around in a circle.
  2. Whatever meal deal is currently going down at KFC.
  3. Nope. I don’t care what you say — it’s gross.
  4. Steam coming off the chicken. Steam coming off the chicken.
  5. Also anything involving gravy.
  6. The ongoing toilet clogging saga on Jersey Shore.
  7. The entire cast of Jersey Shore‘s makeup and wardrobe choices.
  8. The prank story arc of Jersey Shore, particularly with its recent addition of dogs not being walked on time and being allowed to roam the house at will.
  9. Really, just everything about Jersey Shore, when you think about it.
  10. The witch dragon lady mother of Marisol on The Real Housewives of Miami.
  11. “Mare-ee-sol! Mare-ee-sol! I did not marry a gringo to have paper flowers! I married a gringo, Mare-ee-sol, so I could pour red wine into my dragonlady mouth every afternoon!”
  12. Shrimp specials at Red Lobster.
  13. Law and Order: SVU in HDTV.
  14. Anybody who works as a weatherperson on TV, being filmed in HDTV.
  15. Every time somebody gets injured in an NBA game.
  16. I would add the audio tracks from NFL games, except I don’t watch the NFL, mercifully.

Check out these list lovers:

1. Ginger at Ramble Ramble

Veronica March 14, 2011 at 1:26 am

Someone swallowing – not anything major, just the sound of someone swallowing, say, water. Ugh. Retch. Swallowing sounds on TV should be banned.

Alexis March 14, 2011 at 4:58 am

The scene in “Thank You For Smoking” when they are eating the pie with the slice of American single melted on it. I was so traumatized at the time that I have to skip that part even now….shudder…..

Laura March 14, 2011 at 5:16 am

The disembodied talking Dairy Queen lips (from the television commercial.) Sent me running to the bathroom every single time. HG is a special kind of hell.

Kerry March 14, 2011 at 6:44 am

OMG, what is the DEAL with Marysol’s mother? She does not look human. She looks like a cartoon of Taylor Armstrong in 30 years. It’s the creepiest thing I’ve ever seen.

Also: Lea. Every time she comes on the screen, I want to sing that song from Sesame Street, “One of These Things is Not Like the Others.” The hair, the makeup, the clothes…how is she on this show?

cagey March 14, 2011 at 7:26 am

I am not even pregnant, yet Marisol’s mother completely grosses me out.

Hang in there – at least you have an end date of sorts, right? :-)

drhoctor2 March 14, 2011 at 7:56 am

Oh, man, every time you post a photo of yourself on the IV ,all I can think of is …you poor thing !! i hope this is over for you soonest.

Ginger March 14, 2011 at 9:20 am

Frankly, I think the commercials for KFC always look disgusting and I don’t even HAVE HG.

shasta March 14, 2011 at 10:22 am

Hoping for the best for you. You might want to steer clear of watching Man V. Food, too.