- Attempt to democratize the process of making money from a mommyblog by posting a series of how-to articles explaining different models for monetizing blogs and blog-related endeavors exclusive of large network sanctioned display advertising.
- Suggest that there might be a means of throwing parties and having fun without cultivating sponsors with the help of venture capital-funded Silcon Valley douchebags.
- Discuss the moral repercussions of promoting the world’s worst brands with the world’s worst business practices at the world’s worst compensation rates.
- Find innovative ways to mold your content to meet your own ends while still adhering to even the most draconian of editorial laws.
- Actually take the time to run your advertising reports and figure out what they mean.
- Point out that, under the terms of your contract, you can still do product placement, even if you are running their display ads, if you go about it the right way.
- When they try to say that you cannot run product placements, point out the open secret that somebody else on their network is doing the very same thing, right now, in fact, with their endorsement.
- Point out that there is a standard method for measuring pixels and that it does not include changing resolution in Photoshop.
- That, in fact, people can check such things on their own copies of Photoshop at home, because most people come equipped with their own brains standard issue at birth.
Got a list to share? Here’s what to do:
- Write a “list” post on your blog.
- Copy this code, and paste in the text of your post:
- Either comment or email me at anna at abdpbt dot com to let me know you’re participating, and I’ll link you up below.
Check out these list lovers:
- So . . . About That Post That’s Been Giving Me A Headache | ABDPBT Personal Finance
- Juliet at Temecula Blogorama
- Ginger at Ramble Ramble
- Heidi at The Maxwells Madness