12 Headlines For Stories Nobody Wants To Read

by anna on April 19, 2010

1. Parties For NAMBLA National Conference in Omaha Filling Up — RSVP Now Or Lose Out!
  2. Twitter Is Down. Right Now. Don’t Go Check, Either, Because It Will Totally Still Be Down.
  3. Is There Something In Your Refrigerator Right Now That Is Slowly Poisoning Your Family?
  4. Are State Lotteries Running Illegal Blog Giveaways?
  5. Consumers Maintain “Meh” Attitude About Brands Like Tide, Kenmore, Nestle View definition in a new window, And McDonald’s
  6. Online Communities Continue To Support Each Other, Supportively
  7. Are Grocery Stores Good Businesses?
  8. NAMBLA National Conference In Omaha Deemed A “Tepid Success”
  9. DEVELOPING STORY: Twitter Continues To Be Down
  10. Could Working On The Computer In Front of Your Children Be Turning Them Into Morons?
  11. The Dark Side Of Mommyblogs: Now With More Unmitigated Happiness And Joy, All The Time!
  12. UPDATE: In Response To Twitter Outage, Blogspot Considers Merits Of Extensive Unexplained Downtime

Got a list to share? Here’s what to do:

1. Write a “list” post on your blog.
  2. Copy this code, and paste in the text of your post:
  3. Either comment or email me at anna at abdpbt View definition in a new window dot com to let me know you’re participating, and I’ll link you up below.

Check out these list lovers:

1. Things I Learned During My First Product Placement Experiment | ABDPBT Personal Finance
  2. How To Make Spill-Proof Bubbles Party Favors | ABDPBT Commodity Fetishism
  3. What I Learned From The Great ABDPBT Product Placement Experiment | ABDPBT Personal Finance
  4. Mama Lungo
  5. Tim at Safer By Choice
  6. Ginger at Ramble Ramble

Mama Lungo April 19, 2010 at 7:04 am
anna April 19, 2010 at 11:36 am

You’re all linked up!

Kerry April 19, 2010 at 8:34 am

I tell you what, that number 10 one…that pissed me off 17 different ways. If my kids are not allowed to see me trying to earn a living, I guess we are all going to starve. Good thing that watching Daddy go earn a living is not at all bad for kids.

Ugh. Don’t get me started. It’s interfering with my otherwise-enjoyment of a snarkalicious list.

anna April 19, 2010 at 11:38 am

Yeah, and the thing is, kids are supposed to see you working, it’s a part of life since ancient times. That’s part of socialization. It’s just that, now, we don’t all go down and gather water at the drinking well or whatever, or gather sticks, as work. They are learning that when you’re on the computer, that’s work.

I mean, I get that sometimes people are on the computer at the expense of their children. But to suggest that having your kids see you working on a home business that is based out of the computer is damaging, that pissed me off.

Susan April 19, 2010 at 10:34 am

I had to google NAMBLA. It is good to learn new things

anna April 19, 2010 at 11:39 am

Is it good to learn about NAMBLA, though, is the real question.

Susan April 19, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Just an informed citizen thing- that and an informed watcher of Law and Order SVU. Have they done an episode on that yet?

Tim G April 19, 2010 at 11:28 am

#6 seems a ;itt;e warm and fuzzy, oh, and my list is up. How supportive of you to make links.

anna April 19, 2010 at 11:50 am

I’m all about giving back, Tim. I think you know that.

Alexis April 19, 2010 at 11:39 am

The answer to #3 is a definitive yes, just a former epidemiologist chiming in here.

anna April 19, 2010 at 11:39 am

AAAH! I knew it.

Ginger April 19, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I’d rather work on a computer screen in front of my kid than on a computer away from my kid. But that could just be me. Somehow I think that’s probably NOT going to make him a moron, but again, what do I know?

Oh, and the #3? I’ve determined that everything everywhere is slowly poisoning us. I know so because the news tells me that everyday. And Dateline. They wouldn’t lie, right???

My list is up.

Michele April 20, 2010 at 10:36 am

I have a story about NAMBLA. I know this certain person where I was sharing a story about a story I heard on NPR. “Oh Michele was telling this story that she heard on NAMBLA and I went and read it and I agree with her.” I blinked a million times and said, I would NEVER suggest you read or agree with anything you’d read on NAMBLA it’s NPR. Totally two different entire things all together.