11 Ideas For The Rebranding Of Leftover Holiday Candy

by anna on January 4, 2010

1. Arbor Day Peeps
  2. Captain Jack Sparrow’s Hijacked Freighter Full Of Israeli Gelt
  3. Gingerbread Spec Houses (Made From 100% Sustainable Materials!)
  4. Tiger Woods At The Masters M&Ms
  5. The Falcon And The Snowman Twenty-Five Year Anniversary DVD And Chocolate Gift Set
  6. Clothing Hooks To Benefit Both AIDS Awareness and The Cannabis Liberation Front
  7. Jerry Garcia Commemorative Hollowed Out Chocolate Figurine For Marijuana Ingestion
  8. “I’m Dreaming Of A Jealous Valentine’s Day” Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
  9. Muno & Brobee’s Day Of Fun! Peanut And Plain M&M Combo Packs
  10. Hershey’s New Moon Vampires In Need Of Dental Work Kisses
  11. “Never Trust A Swiss Ho” Candy Pimp Canes
  12. Chocolate Child Molesters In Red Suits

Check out these list lovers:

1. 4 New Year’s Resolutions That Will Boost Your Net Worth | ABDPBT Personal Finance
  2. 5 Ways To Improve Your Blog Overnight With Almost No Tech Know-How Needed | ABDPBT Tech
  3. Alexis at The Well-Read Mom
  4. Eliz at Tink’s Mom
  5. Tim at Safer By Choice
  6. Mme Perpetua
  7. Juliet at Thanksgiving Feast: Temecula Blog-O-Rama
  8. Ginger at Ramble Ramble
  9. Beth at Remarkably Domestic

Alexis January 4, 2010 at 5:37 am

Love #10. The kisses even glitter in the sunlight so the Twilight nuts will love it. I actually wonder why Hershey hasn’t jumped on that bandwagon, certainly ever other company in America has…

Actually got a list up!

Happy New Year!

eliz January 4, 2010 at 5:50 am

A Jerry Garcia bong made out of chocolate sounds like a money-making idea. I’d get on it before one of the multinational food companies does.

I’m listy, too.

Tim G January 4, 2010 at 6:09 am

#3. Nice. As long as it’s not in reality one of the toxic assets – Gingy’s foreclosed-upon residence.

My list is up. Happy New Year!

beth aka confusedhomemaker January 4, 2010 at 7:50 am

I love your lists, but I’m a bum & don’t have one (ever). And I always feel creepy about the idea of having kids whisper their biggest wants/desires to a random guy (kinda like a secret), whose lap they sit on, he is too friendly (only seems interested in little kids & appears to be grooming the family) & then he gives them candy. So #10 totally freaks me out. I love St. Nicholas (the real deal) but not the whole mall/store Santa thing. Now, peeps those I could get behind & ingest in large qualities even on Arbor Day (they could be trees). But that’s because I have sickness attached to loving them. I’m thinking it may be melamine. Oh, delicious melamine :)

Perpetua January 4, 2010 at 7:54 am

This list takes me back in time to my aunt’s shadowy candy cane closet, where years’ worth of half-price candy were recycled season after season. Shudder.

List is up.

Juliet Grossman January 4, 2010 at 8:25 am

Love the gingerbread spec houses! I have a list up this week too: http://thanksgivingfeast.blogspot.com/2010/01/lists-strange-hats.html

We must all be getting back onto the blogging train for 2010:-)

Kerry January 4, 2010 at 9:27 am

I’d eat every damn one of those candies. The only good thing about holidays is the food.

anna January 4, 2010 at 11:17 am

I don’t even like the food very much.

anna January 4, 2010 at 11:15 am

@Eliz, maybe I should look into the Jerry Garcia thing, actually.

@perpetua, my grandparents had one of those closets, too. I remember getting very sick from eating out of it once. Yuck.

anna January 4, 2010 at 11:16 am

@Tim, yeah, it’s got asbestos in the drywall!

anna January 4, 2010 at 11:17 am

@Juliet, everybody is doing their new year’s lists today, I think you’re right.

Ginger January 4, 2010 at 11:44 am

HA (#4). I know quite a few people who could get behind #7 too.

My list is up.

anna January 4, 2010 at 12:10 pm

You’re all linked up!

Beth January 4, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I love Peeps. I’d eat them for any marginal holiday!

I created my own list this week! http://bit.ly/83DRXu

Thanks for keeping me chuckling with your lists!

anna January 4, 2010 at 12:19 pm

@Beth, I’m glad you like the lists. I’m headed over to check out yours right now. And you’re all linked up!