How to Blow Dry Your Hair Like a Pro With Sean James, Hairstylist to the Stars

by anna on January 29, 2009

Here’s a video where you can watch Sean “balliage” (WTF?) and cut my hair, plus learn how to blow dry like a pro. It’s a little long, but you also get to hear me crack wise a time or two, which is always worth the wait.

Blowdry Like a Pro With Sean James from anna abdpbt on Vimeo.

Curious about the Blo and Go? Read more here. Thanks, Sean! I love my hair, and so does Mr. Right-Click!

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog) January 29, 2009 at 7:44 am

First – That’s a damn fine haircut and you look great!

Second – I’ve developed a bit of a crush on Sean in those 10 minutes.

Third – A dual hair blowing job?! I think I have a crush on that, too!

Fourth – The first time I saw a commercial for the Blo and Go, I sat up straight, fell to the ground on my knees, and offered up some kind of rambly worded thanks to the heavens because FINALLY! Something that would justify my bitching about how tiring it is to hold my arms in the air while drying my hair!? GET ME TWO! That thing should win prizes.

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog)´s last blog post..‘get the boys together get a ball get a run(s)’

anna January 29, 2009 at 8:39 am

@fadkog, do you have a blo & go? They are so awesome. In fact, I’m using mine right now, while I’m typing–no joke.

@susbarefoot, thanks!

@carrie, I know. It’s so disappointing. It’s still a great shampoo, though–I guess you’re just not supposed to use it all the time. Damn.

susbarefoot January 29, 2009 at 8:31 am

Hah, nice music! The titles you added are funny.

carrie January 29, 2009 at 8:37 am

You mean after you recommended that shampoo to us, we’re not supposed to use it?

Good thing I was afraid to spend so much money on shampoo.

Chris January 29, 2009 at 9:07 am

I canNOT believe I watched the entire thing! I’ve got shit to do Woman! Very cute though, I enjoyed it. Your hair looks great, and I got a kick out of you changing the camera angle in the car.

I need to check out that blo & go thing. I’m a hair dork – I can never manage the blow dryer and the brushing and get everything smooth and fluffy. I get forearm cramps.

Fun vlog post!

Chris´s last blog post..Conversations with Mamaw

anna January 29, 2009 at 9:47 am

@Chris, you know you are better for watching the whole thing!

whitneybabe January 29, 2009 at 10:56 am

you use sun in in your hair? that’s crazy

Kerry January 29, 2009 at 3:21 pm

That was a delicious combination of hysterical and informative.

When I lost my job in July and decided to just stay home with my kids, I looked for ways to cut expenses to make this possible. One of the things I cut was my fancy hair salon, and instead, I went to SuperCuts (or Great Clips or whatever the quicky place in the strip mall is). So you just walk in there, no appointment. My hairstylist was Sheniqua, and she had fingernails that were, like, three inches long. They charge extra if you want your hair shampooed, and it’s another $7 if you want it blow-dried. As far as I know, Sheniqua is not a stylist to any stars.

I wish I could say I have a Blo and Go, but I can’t remember the last time I even bothered to dry my hair. You know you’re lazy when even the Blo and Go is too much trouble.

Kerry´s last blog post..Meet the Blow It Out Your Ass Guy

Heather January 29, 2009 at 9:44 pm

That was seriously awesome. I kid you not. I loved every single minute of the video.

anna January 31, 2009 at 4:49 pm

@Kerry, hey, whatever works. I have been burned by some SuperCuts kind of places in the past, so I’m gunshy.

@Heather, thanks! I was trying to cut it down, but I thought some of the things were funny so I left them in and figured people could always turn it off if it was annoying them.

Laurin February 1, 2009 at 6:53 am

That was a riot. Can I come visit you and get my hair cut by Sean? What a sweetie. I probably can’t get an appointment unless I have an in through a star like you, right?

I want more vlogs! By the way, since you like hair contraptions, check out the Remington Emi Airwave Style System. It’s a bizarre hair dryer I just reviewed that is the best thing that ever happened to my hair.

Laurin´s last blog post..My Tweeps!