- Demi Moore in The Scarlet Letter.
- Me trying to video blog.
- The first half of this season of Heroes.
- When Michael Scott on The Office tries to tell jokes.
- Boxxy aka Moldy Lunch Box.
- William Hurt’s accent in A History of Violence.
- The weekend box office sales results on Paul Blart: Mall Cop‘s opening weekend.
- Fiona Apple trying to keep it real.
- Whenever a young celebrity has a new cause and goes on TV to talk about it.
- James Frey being interviewed by Oprah after the revelation that his book was fiction, not non-fiction, and that they said it was non-fiction because it was too poorly written to be sold as fiction. D’oh.
- Speaking of Oprah, when she decides to adopt a ghetto-inspired accent to say something like, “Black don’t crack!” or “Oh no you di-unt.”
- Speaking of appropriated accents, Sarah Jessica Parker when she adopts a Puerto Rican accent to say something like, “Oh no you di-unt.”
- Speaking of white people, whenever white people say things from the hip-hop or rap vernacular as if it is second nature to them, only like two or three years late, like a grandparent saying something like, “Bling-Bling” or “pop a cap in your ass.”
- Speaking of hip-hop or rap vernacular, Kanye West waxing philosophical about when he’ll stop using words (aka as soon as he hears white people saying them).
- Going to the Grammy’s museum and seeing an elderly couple examining JLo’s famous green hobag dress and overhearing the man say, “It’s so sheer.”
Got a list to share? Here’s what to do:
- Write a “list” post on your blog.
- Copy this code, and paste in the text of your post:
- Either comment or email me at anna at abdpbt dot com to let me know you’re participating, and I’ll link you up below.
Check out these list lovers:
- Kerry at Clue Wagon
- Ginny Marie at Lemon Drop Pie
- Eliz at Tink’s Mom
- Jenny at Oscarelli
- Ginger at Ramble Ramble
- Pauvre Plume