15 Things That Are More Embarrassing To Watch Than A Cirque Du Soleil-Inspired Halftime Show And Its Accompanying Costumes

by anna on January 26, 2009

[singlepic=240,560,330,,center]

1. Demi Moore in The Scarlet Letter.
  2. Me trying to video blog.
  3. The first half of this season of Heroes.
  4. When Michael Scott on The Office tries to tell jokes.
  5. Boxxy aka Moldy Lunch Box.
  6. William Hurt’s accent in A History of Violence.
  7. The weekend box office sales results on Paul Blart: Mall Cop‘s opening weekend.
  8. Fiona Apple trying to keep it real.
  9. Whenever a young celebrity has a new cause and goes on TV to talk about it.
  10. James Frey being interviewed by Oprah after the revelation that his book was fiction, not non-fiction, and that they said it was non-fiction because it was too poorly written to be sold as fiction. D’oh.
  11. Speaking of Oprah, when she decides to adopt a ghetto-inspired accent to say something like, “Black don’t crack!” or “Oh no you di-unt.”
  12. Speaking of appropriated accents, Sarah Jessica Parker when she adopts a Puerto Rican accent to say something like, “Oh no you di-unt.”
  13. Speaking of white people, whenever white people say things from the hip-hop or rap vernacular as if it is second nature to them, only like two or three years late, like a grandparent saying something like, “Bling-Bling” or “pop a cap in your ass.”
  14. Speaking of hip-hop or rap vernacular, Kanye West waxing philosophical about when he’ll stop using words (aka as soon as he hears white people saying them).
  15. Going to the Grammy’s museum and seeing an elderly couple examining JLo’s famous green hobag dress and overhearing the man say, “It’s so sheer.”

Got a list to share? Here’s what to do:

1. Write a “list” post on your blog.
  2. Copy this code, and paste in the text of your post:
  3. Either comment or email me at anna at abdpbt View definition in a new window dot com to let me know you’re participating, and I’ll link you up below.

Check out these list lovers:

1. Kerry at Clue Wagon
  2. Ginny Marie at Lemon Drop Pie
  3. Juliet
  4. Eliz at Tink’s Mom
  5. Jenny at Oscarelli
  6. Ginger at Ramble Ramble
  7. Pauvre Plume

Kerry January 26, 2009 at 6:10 am

Mine’s up.

I didn’t know Fiona Apple was still around.

I am horribly, horribly guilty of #13. I say things are “da bomb” all the time. I think that’s more than 2-3 years old though. I aim for the ones that are at least 10 years old, on the theory that they are then in the public domain, like expired copyrights.

Kerry´s last blog post..7 Ways You Can Use Your Phone to Screw Yourself Out of a Job Opportunity

Christine January 26, 2009 at 6:13 am

Word. Sometimes you just want to open a can of whoop ass on Oprah and SJP. (Did my attempt at humor make you feel like you’re reading a comment from Michael Scott? My bad.)

Ginny Marie January 26, 2009 at 6:36 am

My husband wants to go see Paul Blart. Of course. He also loves Michael Scott’s jokes.
I was totally in love with William Hurt in Children of a Lesser God. That’s totally dating myself, isn’t it? Just like using the word “totally,” like, OK? Gag me. And I have both of Fiona’s CD’s. Are there more?

I also have a list up.

Ginny Marie´s last blog post..5 Hits and 1 Miss: a Gift List

Juliet January 26, 2009 at 11:49 am
anna January 26, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Hi Juliet! Everybody’s linked up–sorry for the delay, I’m fighting off the flu today.

eliz January 26, 2009 at 2:05 pm

Good luck fighting that flu.

I’m listin’ today.

I was wondering the same thing about that Paul Blart movie, too. Never underestimate the American consumer, ’cause he’ll disappoint you every time.

eliz´s last blog post..Things we love

Ginger January 26, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Boo to the flu (wow, I really didn’t mean for that to rhyme. I promise). Hope you’re feeling better soon.

About 8 years too late, I’m finally listed up. Hey, it’s still technically Monday!

Ginger´s last blog post..A list to prove I had a lazy weekend

PauvrePlume January 26, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Feel better, Anna!
Also, I totally agree with all your “no you di-unt” comments, which also remind me of Tyra when she suddenly “goes ghetto” on certain female contestants (or Ms. J) on America’s Next Top Model.

ps) that Paul Blart movie was actually filmed at the local mall near me and my friend was “lucky” enough to be walking by, shopping… so there’s a chance he’s in it. He will not see the movie to find out, though. Personally, I just think he’s jealous because he wants a Segway. Or a badge.

pss) I finally got around to posting a list.

PauvrePlume´s last blog post..Monday Monday (cue The Mamas & The Papas)

Ryan January 27, 2009 at 5:40 am

Didn’t you just mean to say just Going to the Grammy’s Museum? :)

Sorry you have the flu. It’s one of the things that makes me believe in the devil. That would actually be a good list. Things that make me believe in the devil.

Ryan´s last blog post..Watching the News, Finding Work, My first unemployed Monday

jenni January 27, 2009 at 8:04 am

I’d forgotten about William Hurts accent the History of Violence. But the only thing I can remember from that movie is Viggo’s vestigial tail. *shudders*