My First Magical Experience at The Americana at Brand, Also Known As The Greatest Place on Earth. By Mini Right-Click.

by anna on December 24, 2008

After sundry daytrips to silly places like the Getty Center, the Treehouse Social Club, and Disneyland, Mommy and Daddy finally pulled out all of the stops and took me to The Greatest Place on Earth a couple of weeks ago. That’s right, they took me to, can you believe it?! the new Americana at Brand shopping center in Glendale, California!

[singlepic=429,560,560,,center]

How could one toddler be so lucky? I don’t know. A shopping center with–get this–a trolley that runs in a circle endlessly?! You can just get on it and go around and around for as long as you want? Will wonders never cease? When the only thing limiting you is the willingness of your parents to continue riding around listening to the announcer say, “And up here is our Sony store, right next door to our new bakery, Crumbs! Don’t miss their great cupcakes!”–well, I don’t need to tell you that we’re living in a great age!

So, yeah, when I was done with the trolley, I picked up some stuff from Kitson. I didn’t see Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan, but then we were in the provinces.

[singlepic=430,560,560,,center]

I also noticed that, outside the bookstore, they had a picture of that mouse with the big ears. Desperado. I pointed it out to Mommy, and the dude walking by thought I was terribly droll.

[singlepic=431,560,560,,center]

They even have a jungle gym there so fly kids like me can break dance. Or, you know, go down the slide. Or just walk back and forth on the sand, and “get tired out,” as Mommy says.

[singlepic=432,560,560,,center]

Now, admittedly, this kind of water statue is a little garish and unusual for a mall. But I am a man who likes flash, so I appreciated it.

[singlepic=433,560,560,,center]

Oh yeah, the Americana at Brand is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend going there. Or, you could just wait until they build a shopping mall identical to it down the street from your house. This is America, after all.

Kerry December 24, 2008 at 5:39 am

He is adorable. I love that little puffy vest. Plus, I’m impressed at his dedication to the blog, posting on Christmas Eve and all. Santa will totally be impressed.

Merry Christmas!

Juliet December 24, 2008 at 7:12 am

Looks exactly like The Grove!

Juliet´s last blog post..Demise of the Drugstore

My Buddy Mimi December 24, 2008 at 8:52 am

It does look like The Grove. But so much better than the trolley at The Grove, which runs like once an hour.

My Buddy Mimi´s last blog post..I Wish…

shonda December 24, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Man, I’m glad I just finally manually looked you up. I have had you on my blogroll and the awesome part about my rather selective blog roll is that it puts the latest title of your blog and how long ago it was written. I started thinking last week you hadn’t updated in a while. Today I came looking for myself. Turns out, you have been. Do you know what’s up? I want you there, girl. I am advertising with Dooce right now, so I am sure you want it, too.

PS–Look at little Mini chugging up that playground. Getting big, friend, getting big.

shonda December 24, 2008 at 12:07 pm

Oh, Happy Festivus and Merry Christmas!

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog) December 24, 2008 at 12:30 pm

I think it’s awesome when mall developers tack an extra vowel on at the end of whatever we are calling the malls these days. Ours is a Towne Centre. Yeah, that’s right. We even spit shine the word ‘center’ and make it extra fancy. If I were 14, I’d bet my friends $5 I could walk through the Towne Centre and speak with a British accent.

J. December 24, 2008 at 1:35 pm

How completely awesome!! But does it have the “dancing fountain” water show that the Grove has? Made me feel like I was in Vegas.

J.´s last blog post..A Little Something

Souther' Mother December 25, 2008 at 10:36 pm

That’s an awesome mall, even if the stores seem to all have overly prentious names. “Crumb”? Can we end this trend now, please? I sprained a muscle from rolling my eyes so hard.

But do they sell vintage Ferraris?

(At a store called “Fast” or “Vroom” or some shit?)

Souther’ Mother´s last blog post..Why I Hate Wal-Mart: Twenty Reasons

Cat December 26, 2008 at 12:10 pm

I agree that trolleys are magical.

Cat´s last blog post..Righteously Indignant

The Stiletto Mom December 26, 2008 at 10:40 pm

OMG….he is so cute. Nothing else to say. Congrats on having the most adorable toddler on the planet!! Merry Christmas, Festivus…whatever, and best wishes for 2009!

The Stiletto Mom´s last blog post..And Now A Special Message To Santa From The Children…