35 Things I’m Thankful For . . . Err, For Which I’m Thankful? Look, I’m Thankful for these 35 Things, MMKay?

by anna on December 1, 2008

[singlepic=240,560,330,,center]

1. My husband.
  2. My son.
  3. The fact that my husband and son seem to be fond of me. So far.
  4. Diet Coke.
  5. The Dianne Salad.
  6. My health and the health of my family.
  7. The fact that I’m fairly physically strong.
  8. Red velvet cupcakes.
  9. The fact that Obama won.
  10. The fact that Lost is coming back in January, since Heroes is such a suckfest these days.
  11. Photoshop.
  12. Blogging software.
  13. The very basic html that I learned whilst in graduate school.
  14. That I have time off to spend pursuing something for myself, but still have lots of time with my son.
  15. That my son gets to spend time always with somebody who loves him and whom he loves.
  16. Parent Hacks.
  17. Adsense for RSS feeds.
  18. The Wind in Your Vagina. Even if the name gives me the heeby jeebies. And then the fact that the name gives me the heeby jeebies makes me feel like a prude. Yeah, still.
  19. The fact that my son appears to not have developed autism yet, despite my paranoia stemming from his MMR immunization of a few weeks ago.
  20. Massages.
  21. The fact that I’m so annoyingly flippant that nobody would ever, ever compare me to the annoying dude who wrote 14,000 Things to Be Happy About. Because, yeah, this list is starting to exhibit some scary similarities.
  22. Clean sheets.
  23. Smelly Washer Cleaner.
  24. The Office.
  25. My Diamancel foot file
  26. Ibuprofen, even especially if it is made by Motrin.
  27. Sweet Juniper.
  28. My sobriety.
  29. The fact that I have shown a propensity to learn from my mistakes, however slowly and clumsily.
  30. The way it feels when you’re like a half hour into a hard workout, and the endorphins hit.
  31. Coffee beans. For the usual reasons, as well as the more unusual.
  32. Cats and dogs. Not in that order.
  33. Taking typing class for a whole year in high school.
  34. My lack of allergies.
  35. The fact that I finally finished my dissertation this year.

Got a list to share? Here’s what to do:

1. Write a “list” post on your blog.
  2. Copy this code, and paste in the text of your post:
  3. Either comment or email me at anna at abdpbt View definition in a new window dot com to let me know you’re participating, and I’ll link you up below.

Check out these list lovers:

1. ABDPBT Personal Finance
  2. Ginny Marie at Lemon Drop Pie
  3. Christine at the Bookbench
  4. Becky at Suburban Matron
  5. Ginger at Ramble Ramble
  6. Mommy Named April
  7. Pugly Feet
  8. Pauvre Plume

Ginny Marie December 1, 2008 at 6:59 am

I’m using coffee beans in the diaper pail…and it works! I really need to invest in the smelly washer cleaner next. I have a list up, but only because my little one was up at 5am and is now taking a nap at 7:30. Our whole day is going to be messed up. Oh, well.

Christine December 1, 2008 at 7:10 am

I heartily agree with #24. The Office but on my list would say I am thankful that The Office and 30 Rock are on the same night.

Christine´s last blog post..7 Ways We Used "The Night Before Christmas" and Not One of Them Was "Reading Material"

chris December 1, 2008 at 7:23 am

I like Black Hockey Jesus too, but feel WAY prude reading, saying, even thinking about the name of his blog. Makes me a wee bit uncomfortable.

I wish I’d learned a little html… Tinkering sucks when you don’t know what the hell you’re doing.

goodfather December 1, 2008 at 7:52 am

Is it wrong that I’ve never HAD a red velvet cupcake? Or that I’m in love with Photoshop? Heh. Great list!

I have an award for you over at my blog :D .

goodfather´s last blog post..Manwards

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog) December 1, 2008 at 9:17 am

Your lists are on the list of things I look forward to about Mondays. It’s a pretty short list. Your entries are easily in the top three. They’re like those endorphins.

If Lost isn’t good this season, I’m going straight for chick shows, because Heroes and I are pretty close to breaking up for good.

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog)´s last blog post..(you drive me) crazy

vilkri December 1, 2008 at 9:21 am

I like the list. No other comment.

vilkri´s last blog post..Lower Debt? – No Choice. Yes.

Becky December 1, 2008 at 2:39 pm

Major big ups to you on finishing your dissertation. That is what I am working on over here. Can I just copy and paste from yours?

And thank the lords that Lost is coming back.

Becky´s last blog post..Five Things I Heard in the Hot Tub

Ginger December 1, 2008 at 6:20 pm

Why must Heroes suck so much these days? It’s really killing me that they took such a great show and are trying to slowly beat it to death while we watch (or don’t as the case may be).

Ginger´s last blog post..10 things to look forward to this Christmas

MommyNamedApril December 1, 2008 at 7:03 pm

here’s my list. it’s lame. not nearly as good as yours. but, ya know. it’s a list.

MommyNamedApril´s last blog post..Making a List and Checking it Twice. Or Not.

Keely December 1, 2008 at 7:54 pm

With ya on the typing class. About the only useful thing I took away from high school.

Keely´s last blog post..Lighting the Proverbial Fire

PauvrePlume December 1, 2008 at 10:42 pm

Hola Anna!
Late as usual… just posted my list (and it’s technically Tuesday for me…but not for you! so I still made it! YAY!).

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving.

ps) is it wrong that I might value your #9 over your #6? Seriously.

PauvrePlume´s last blog post..Top 5 reasons for why my frontal lobe hates me

puglyfeet December 2, 2008 at 2:05 am

Thank you. This was the funnest meme-type thingy I’ve done ever. Please count me in: http://www.puglyfeet.com/blog/2008/12/list_love.html