Tykelight Buddy Nightlight by Mobi

by anna on November 15, 2008

[singlepic=383,560,560,,center]

I actually bought this light a while ago, but only recently have I started using it again. Now that Mini is more anxious about me and Mr. Right-Click leaving the room, the Tykelight is really helping easing the transition to bedtime. A week or two ago, I noticed that Mini would be quietly lying down in his crib, and I’d turn out the light, and then BAM! the whining would begin. Yeah, they say kids don’t get scared of the dark until age 3 or 4, but whatev, I know cause-and-effect when I see it.

So I figured, why not give a nightlight a try? And dragged the Tyke Light out of the closet, where I had stowed it about six months ago, having eliminated the need for it once Mini started sleeping through the night and I didn’t have to trip over diapers and crap in the middle of the night to soothe him. The cool thing about this particular nightlight is that, when Mini is old enough to require middle-of-the-night trips to the potty, he can take the light with him–the light is activated both by a button on the bottom of the figure, as well as by being placed in its base. So, a simple grab and he’s got a glowing buddy to keep him company through the scary hallways late at night.

chris November 15, 2008 at 6:51 am

That’s way cute. My 11-year old is still freaked out by the dark. He has diabetes and sometimes comes to our room in the middle of the night for “comfort” when he’s high or low, even though he knows how to handle it. He usually has a HIGH-BEAM flashlight that he shines directly in our eyes that he’s used to navigate the halls, which he does at lightning speed and his stomping/sprinting wakes his brothers. (We’re compassionate towards him but we also want him to use “quiet feet” at 2:00 a.m. and not be so FREAKED out.) I’m checkin’ out the Tykelight. My BIG boy might like it! Thanks!

Michele November 15, 2008 at 7:26 am

That is so cute. I might just get one for my big boy (56) for his trips to the potty at night. It should help with the fumbling around for his glasses, tripping over the dog, and possible trajectory mishaps.

Michele´s last blog post..Martini and Movie Night or Pink drinks all around

shonda November 15, 2008 at 11:09 am

Good luck. Fight the battle to keep that kid out of your bed because, take it from ME, once they are there, THEY ARE THERE!

shonda´s last blog post..You Ain’t Hip if You Don’t Twitch

goodfather November 15, 2008 at 11:23 am

LOL @ ‘HIGH-BEAM flashlight’ – poor Chris!

I love this nightlight! It looks so cooool. I’m glad it’s working…

Casey November 16, 2008 at 7:10 am

We haven’t hit the nightlight phase yet but I’m keeping this in mind for when we do. I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before the dark room starts freaking my kid out…

Casey´s last blog post..I Love This Time Of Year

Jessica November 16, 2008 at 7:10 pm

Dude…I’m still afraid of the dark and so putting this on my Christmas list. Please don’t call me a stupid fucktard for never commenting before. Or do, I’ll still come here anyway. Sticks and stones you know.

anna November 16, 2008 at 9:54 pm

@Jessica . . . no, I’d never call you a stupid fucktard for liking something I posted! It’s just the people who disagree with me who run a risk of such a thing. Maybe. :)

KerrySS November 17, 2008 at 9:26 am

We have one for each of our kids. He’s called BlueMan at our house. The 3-year-old takes him everywhere, even during the day. They’re great when potty-training starts.