No More Tangles by Johnson & Johnson

by anna on November 8, 2008

[singlepic=339,590,440,,center]
Yeah, that’s right. I still use this stuff. What of it? You would use it, too, if the stuff growing out of your head was comprised not so much of “hair” as it is tiny little threads of the very brittle and extremely flat variety that seem to fuse to each other in tiny little knots at the slightest hint of a cross-breeze. My Mom used to use this stuff on my hair when I was little, and I remember because there was a picture of a little blonde girl in 70s-era clothing on the bottle, and I thought, “Wow, that girl looks like me, kinda. What are the odds?!” Because I didn’t know then that little blonde girls are kind of like the golden retrievers of childrens’ grooming products: totally overexposed and entirely interchangeable in the language of mass market packaging. Of course, now the No More Tangles packaging is a little more culturally inclusive, and also a little less embarrassing of a purchase for the thirty-something woman with no female children, sneaking down the kiddie hair products aisle and buying yet another bottle of this liquid gold in its tasteful, seafoam green packaging.

MommyNamedApril November 8, 2008 at 7:15 am

that’s good stuff. when i highlighted my hair i would use it… good good stuff.

MommyNamedApril´s last blog post..April’s Little Family is So VERY Blessed.

Mary Anna November 8, 2008 at 8:25 am

I keep Johnson’s Baby Shampoo in my shower. It’s great for removing eye make-up. I also use it to clean my fancy make-up brushes.

Mary Anna´s last blog post..Things I Wonder (all in the last few minutes)

Tara November 8, 2008 at 10:27 am

I started using it a few months ago, after spending a lot more on Aveda’s Styling Curessence, which basically does the same thing at 4x the price.

Amy November 8, 2008 at 10:37 am

oooh – good tip Mary Anna! I’ll have to try that.

Amy´s last blog post..FRIDAY! WOO!

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog) November 8, 2008 at 1:24 pm

Buy it, love it, would like to get high off the smell of it. Oh, and my hair isn’t tangled, either. If Johnsons and Johnsons would like to use the above line in their advertisements, I’d not be adverse!

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog)´s last blog post..regrets. I have a few.

Neil November 8, 2008 at 2:57 pm

I’m surprised they haven’t marketed a dark blue bottle for adult men.

JoeGirl November 8, 2008 at 5:21 pm

I too was told to use this shampoo for eye care. And after a hair colour disaster (at the salon!), another stylist recommended I shampoo with this, wrap my head in plastic wrap, heat it with a blow dryer for 10 minutes, and then rinse, to remove the icky colour as much as possible. Happily, my hair colour has been restored, two years later ;)

An all round excellent product to have in the house at all time, no matter WHO you are!

JoeGirl´s last blog post..The New Caesar

Jim November 9, 2008 at 8:30 am

I just keep my hair at about an inch long. I don’t recommend my method for tangle-free hair for you, however.

Jim´s last blog post..Sunday Randomness

Joy @ Big Time Fancy November 10, 2008 at 11:35 am

Oh my lord, I had forgotten all about that yellow 70′s packaging.

Joy @ Big Time Fancy´s last blog post..Number Five

Missives From Suburbia November 10, 2008 at 6:44 pm

I’m so distracted by the purse in the background (which I SWEAR is the same as mine), that I couldn’t even focus on the product. I’ll be back later, after email me and tell me what kind of purse it is so I can once again affirm my fashion expertise.

Missives From Suburbia´s last blog post..Blue Who?