27 Reasons to Have Another Baby

by anna on October 27, 2008

[singlepic=240,540,330,,center]

1. The impossible sweetness of the afternoon newborn snuggle.
  2. Sleep is overrated.
  3. Diet? What is that? Eating for two is the new black.
  4. Each new child tacks on like 2-3 years of available, effortless, cutesy blog fodder.
  5. So Mini has somebody with whom to trade off weekends wiping drool off my chin visiting me in the nursing home when I’m 94 and won’t die already.
  6. Because now that I have finally come to understand the urge to say “I could just eat you up” to babies, I hunger for another delectable specimen upon which to feast.
  7. $1000 stroller, when used for two kids, becomes merely a $500 stroller.
  8. By same token, $1000 crib, when used for two children, becomes $500 crib.
  9. Better to have four people when you go to Disneyland, so everybody has somebody to ride with.
  10. Having tummy tuck and liposuction after pushing out two kids is much easier sell to Mr. Right-Click than after just one.
  11. If I don’t have another baby, I will never have a tweenage daughter. And if I never have a tweenage daughter, how will I ever get to see all of the High School Musical movies?
  12. Some of the only children I’ve known.
  13. Excuse to buy items made of Minkee fabric.
  14. That melty feeling you get when you look at newborn diapers, because man, they’re so small.
  15. Siblings rock.
  16. What do you need your office for?
  17. Decorating nurseries is fun.
  18. 6-13 weeks of morning sickness might be thought of as a spiritually cleansing process.
  19. Obama is probably going to win (knock on wood), and the country is likely to pull itself out of the shitter in the coming years.
  20. Tax deduction. hahahahahahahaha
  21. I have quite a bit of personal growth to do.
  22. Keeping up with the Jolie-Pitts.
  23. Maybe the second time around I will be able to enjoy the newborn period more, since there will be less stress what with having done it before. (hahahahahaha)
  24. Chance to try breastfeeding again, because it was so enjoyable the first time.
  25. Gender balance in family (maybe)
  26. If no gender balance, then exalted status as only female, reaching near god-like level.
  27. Trumpette socks.

Got a list to share? Here’s what to do:

1. Write a “list” post on your blog.
  2. Copy this code, and paste in the text of your post:
  3. Either comment or email me at anna at abdpbt View definition in a new window dot com to let me know you’re participating, and I’ll link you up below.

Check out these list lovers:

1. Jenni at Oscarelli
  2. Crazylovescompany
  3. Becky at Suburban Matron
  4. Katrina at KitKatsKnits
  5. Ginger at RambleRamble
  6. Pauvre Plume
  7. Eliz at Tink’s Mom
  8. Keely at the Un-Mom

jenni October 27, 2008 at 6:06 am

Oh, those socks! They make me hope a little girl will be popping out in six weeks. And if it’s a boy, I’ll be god-like in my status and that sound like it could be pretty sweet.

I’ve participated this week. I can’t get the button to show up in my post, so it’s just in my sidebar indefinately.

jenni´s last blog post..Listless Mondays: Pet Peeves

Mary Anna October 27, 2008 at 6:22 am

Ah, the baby love! I actually offered to hold someone’s baby at church yesterday so she could go to the ladies’ room.

But, those days are so over for me. I have my two, I’m the exaulted queen of the house and I just don’t know if I could love any more. (I know I could, if I needed to, but things are great the way they are!)

Mary Anna´s last blog post..Pumpkin Patch Kids

Mary Anne October 27, 2008 at 6:28 am

Now if you had done 27 reasons not to have another baby…I’d be with ya. :)

It would go something like this:
1.) too old
2.) too old
3.) too old

…you get the rest.

Thanks for the link love!!!

Mary Anne´s last blog post..A Break From Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

chris October 27, 2008 at 6:35 am

There’s gonna be some lovin’ at someone’s house goin’ on… I could add to your list. Be careful with the dreams of a little girl though. I have three boys (that I naturally adore more than I could put into words), but thought our third son might be a girl named Ruby. We have adorable little Redmond.

I’m with Mary Anne though. I’m too frickin’ old – 42. Don’t think I can do it again. Wish I could. Go forth. Make a baby. Quick!

crazylovescompany October 27, 2008 at 6:42 am

Love it! Link love. Some of those are good reasons to have a *first baby*.

crazylovescompany´s last blog post..Listlessness Monday- revisited!

Michele October 27, 2008 at 7:11 am

Planned children? What are those? They just seemed to show up at our house. After 2 we figured out what caused it then promptly up a stop to it. The children that is….

There are definite advantages to having 2 of the same flavor. Exalted queen status is not to be over-rated.

Michele´s last blog post..5 Cheese Eggplant Lasagna

becky October 27, 2008 at 7:29 am

I sympathize. And as someone who just used her 7 year-old to get to see HSM3 on opening night, Troy is dreamy. Where was I going with that? Great list. I’m listing today too. http://www.suburbanmatron.com/2008/10/aspects-of-weekend-three-pictures.html

becky´s last blog post..Aspects of a Weekend: Three Pictures

HeatherPride October 27, 2008 at 8:09 am

Oh, that’s exciting!! Another Mini? Or Minette? yay!!

HeatherPride´s last blog post..Prince Charming Dot Com

shonda October 27, 2008 at 9:07 am

So, does this mean you are having a baby? Are you thinking about having another baby?

shonda´s last blog post..The Offspring Uprising Has Conquered the Internet

Katrina October 27, 2008 at 9:34 am

Congratulations if another is already on the way. Congratulations you lucky so and so if you’re trying for another.

My List: 11 things found while doing yard work

Katrina´s last blog post..What my taste in Art says about me…supposedly

Casey October 27, 2008 at 10:20 am

#23 cracked me up. My poor second kid gets hardly any attention because her brother demands it all (in the form of being dangerous to the point where I have to chase him every second of every day). Great list!

Ginger October 27, 2008 at 11:00 am

Yay for Mondays (and procrastinating at work)! Mine’s up now…

Ginger´s last blog post..i love boobies

Ginger October 27, 2008 at 11:06 am

Yay for Mondays (and procrastinating at work)! Mine’s up now…

Becca October 27, 2008 at 12:00 pm

The newborn phase is just as disorienting as it was the first time around. But I can’t sleep when he sleeps. Good news is that it’s getting better now (4 weeks)! And newborns sure are cute.

Becca´s last blog post..Under the Wire

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog) October 27, 2008 at 3:46 pm

I’ve got two, but they’re the kind who wouldn’t want to wear those socks, so I’m willing to do whatever necessary to try for a girl so I can get some of them. The key is getting the man of the house on board. So to speak.

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog)´s last blog post..‘…that is what I do, hey, baby’

anna October 27, 2008 at 3:52 pm

@shonda nope! not pregnant. We are just talking about it. It is just that the talks are getting more serious now.

@fadkog not in my house! The man of the house is on board and raring to go. It’s me who is weighing pros and cons.

PauvrePlume October 27, 2008 at 7:09 pm

Dearest Listless Wonder,
I finally finished my freakin’ list. I am a slacker on Mondays… takes me longer to come up with sh*t — even with your help! Anyway, here’s my link:

Thanks, Anna!
Oh, and ps) your #11 kind of reminds me of how I totally go see all the movies targeted to little girls (“Madeline,” “Kitt Kitteredge,” etc.), and I fear that parents give me the hairy eyeball and think I’m a pedophile… rather than really just being a total immature geek. I NEED A DAUGHTER. But not yet. Thank god I’ll have a niece soon… :)

PauvrePlume´s last blog post..6 reasons why the 80’s are truly, truly, truly outrageous

jenboglass (steenky bee) October 27, 2008 at 7:47 pm

The smell of newborn diapers isn’t all that bad either. Also, I can’t tell you how much I love sleep. Oh, dear, do I loves me some sleep.

jenboglass (steenky bee)´s last blog post..Fattie: Update 1

Keely October 27, 2008 at 9:00 pm

Am I too late to the party? It’s still Monday here…
Also, my list was really excruciating to write.

Aaaannnnddd…didn’t need to read your list, thanks Anna! I miss sleep too much for it to be a serious conversation for us right now…but it will be soon.

Keely´s last blog post..7 embarassing things about like, omg! my highschool self

eliz October 27, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Holy cats. I started my list at about 10:30 this morning and only just finished it now. How dare the rest of the world distract me when I’m creating an opus.

eliz´s last blog post..15+ movies I can’t wait to see with Tink

blissfully caffeinated October 28, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Stop that! My uterus can hear you.

blissfully caffeinated´s last blog post..“Self, You’re An Idiot.”

{ 1 trackback }