Hanky Panky Boyshort Undies

by anna on October 26, 2008

[singlepic=331,600,400,,center]
I hate the word “panties.” I have always hated it. It gives me the willies, and I’m not sure why. I’m telling you this to explain why I used the word “undies”–equally lame, but for some reason not cringe-inducing–in the title of this post. This post that is about underwear. Why are all the words for underwear embarrassing? I feel like I’m in second grade again.
So, maybe you have heard of Hanky Panky before, they are the ones who make the thong underwear that is made out of stretch lace. I like them because, unlike most thong underwear, the soft, stretchy waistband on Hanky Pankys does not cut into my hip fat and make me look even worse with my clothes off than usual. As far as thongs go, Hanky Panky is definitely the most comfortable brand.
But who are we kidding? Thongs are not comfortable. Sisqo be damned! I don’t want anything in my butt crack. Ever. [Must. Resist. Cheap. Joke. Here.] Where was I? Oh yes, underwear. I much prefer the boyshort style of underwear. These are my favorite–they are made out of that same magical stretch lace as the thong Hanky Pankys, but they are much roomier. In fact, they run a little big. And they’re comfortable, but the look like they’re not. So you know, best of both worlds.

Jim October 26, 2008 at 7:17 am

I think I’ll pass on these…panties.

chris October 26, 2008 at 7:39 am

I hate the word “panties” too, especially when a parent is referring to their daughter’s underwear. Ick. I wear thongs but hate things in my butt crack too. (Excellent self control on your part.)

I’m going to try your recommend. They look comfortable and pretty.

Michele October 26, 2008 at 7:46 am

I’m not a big thong fan myself either. Boy shorts work great for me also, mostly because I have no ass. Yes, I’m among the assless. It’s a strange and inconvenient affliction. Those with this sad condition suffer from all undies creeping into our butt cracks. (weeping ensues)

I’ll have to give these a try because sometimes commando isn’t an option.

Casey October 26, 2008 at 8:53 am

I thought I was the only one who hated the word “panties”. My husband likes to use that word to get under my skin. Those look comfy but are far too decorative for my granny panty wearing self!

Casey´s last blog post..They Say Girls Marry Guys That Remind Them Of Their Dads But Ewwww…

shonda October 26, 2008 at 9:05 am

That Sisqo song always pissed me off. Not just because it’s about thongs, but as someone who kinda fancies herself a writer, it annoys me that he made millions of the biggest piece of song-writing shit ever to be recorded.

That said, I think you should just shuck the underwear. WARNING: This may be TMI, but I live on the edge, so I am going forth.
When I got into the late part of my first pregnancy, I stopped wearing them. I was never comfortable in undies again. And it comes with the bonus of less laundry.

shonda´s last blog post..The Offspring Uprising Has Conquered the Internet

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog) October 26, 2008 at 10:25 am

Love boyshorts, which is definitely what I call them, because I can’t call them the other word. I’ve never heard of this brand, but definitely going to check some out!

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog)´s last blog post..working my witchcraft. it make sense. just read.

Laurin October 26, 2008 at 10:36 am

Agreed. I feel a snicker coming on whenever I say panties. I love the pink. I have mentioned my distaste for thongs in many of my posts and was beginning to think I was the only one.

Thanks to Jen of Blissfully Caffeinated for turning me on to your site.

Laurin´s last blog post..Walk this way

Mary Anna October 26, 2008 at 2:22 pm

I heart Hanky Pankies (is that the plural)? I’ll have to try the boy shorts.

(I’m an undies girl, too.)

Mary Anna´s last blog post..Pumpkin Patch Kids

HeatherPride October 26, 2008 at 5:36 pm

I also hate the word panties! It’s so……molester sounding. I dunno, I could never say it once I reached the age of about ten. I like these though, especially the part about them not biting into the hip fat. After two babies all my unmentionables seem to do that.

HeatherPride´s last blog post..Prince Charming Dot Com

Jenny Henny October 26, 2008 at 6:52 pm

Hate the word panties! Much prefer underwear. But then I think people probably think I’m still three when I say that….

Jenny Henny´s last blog post..Guru For Hire

Mary Anne October 26, 2008 at 8:32 pm

I adore the Hanky Panky thongs…I can’t do the boy shorts because then I think Underoos and I start laughing.

Mary Anne´s last blog post..Degrees Of Squee

crazylovescompany October 27, 2008 at 2:17 pm

Have I been under a rock? I never heard of them and now you’re all over them, and an exec from Hanky Panky was on ELLEN today giving a donation to Ellen’s search for the cure and of course, thongs for everyone!

crazylovescompany´s last blog post..NaBloPoMo – November – Am I Crazy?

anna October 27, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Damn! I would have loved to be in that audience!

blissfully caffeinated October 28, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Is it wrong that I refer to my husband’s boxer briefs as “panties?” I know he doesn’t like it, but that’s never really deterred me. Until I read the comments and now I geel kind of dirty.

Hanky Panky’s are great, but I’m usually a thong-wearer. I’ll try the boy shorts and see how they look under mah jeans.

blissfully caffeinated´s last blog post..“Self, You’re An Idiot.”

blissfully caffeinated October 28, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Now I feel kind of dirty, not geel kind of dirty.

Dang it.

blissfully caffeinated´s last blog post..“Self, You’re An Idiot.”