20 Things I Do To Annoy Myself

by anna on October 6, 2008

[singlepic=240,540,330,,center]

1. Write a post, and then say, “but that is something for another day.”
  2. Write a post, and then say, “that is something for another day,” and then never mention it again.
  3. Gain weight.
  4. Diet.
  5. Gain weight and fail, consistently, to stay on a diet.
  6. Eat goldfish late at night.
  7. Wonder, does the title of this post mean that I do these things on purpose, or that I do them, and then I get annoyed as a result, but not because I set out to annoy myself?
  8. Because what I want to express is that I find these things annoying, not that I do it on purpose to annoy myself. Just FYI.
  9. Go to the gym and come up with ideas while on the elliptical trainer, and without pen and pencil.
  10. Subsequently forget ideas from elliptical trainer
  11. Come up with an idea that works (inexplicably), and then beat it into the ground until everyone wants to make up their own lists entitled, “Things Anna at ABDPBT View definition in a new window Does To Annoy Me.”
  12. Decide to do a load of clothes, put everything in the washer and start it up, and then forget about it, so I come back a few hours later and everything smells like it has stuff growing on it.
  13. List stuff for sale on amazon or ebay and then remember that I hate going to the post office.
  14. Listen to the Frosty, Heidi, and Frank Show when driving even though I hate them and think they are not funny.
  15. Find myself correcting Frosty, Heidi, and Frank on something in my head, when I know they do that on purpose to get people to call the show.
  16. Fall for dumbass publicity stunts
  17. Read books about teenage vampires
  18. Wear wax earplugs at night and get wax stuck in my hair.
  19. Fail to write posts on the weekend, when I know I will be pissed off at myself for it later
  20. Having “Make a to do list” on my proverbial “to do” list.

And youse? Let me know your list and I’ll link you guys up.

Check out the list lovers:

1. Ginger
  2. Elizabeth
  3. Jen

the ex October 6, 2008 at 12:18 pm

Does Mr. Perfect snore?!

anna October 6, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Uh, you didn’t hear it from me.

Mr Lady October 6, 2008 at 1:22 pm

I sure hope you grill those fish first, or at least rinse them. I hear they’re good with mustard. And PBR. Bygones.

#12: Hot water and vinegar. Gets even 4 day old mold smell out of clothes. Gets even 2 weeks after you went to the beach and JUST remembered the swim bag in the trunk of the car smell. Not that I’d know anything about that.

jenboglass (steenkybee) October 6, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Teenage vampires? You mean the vegetarian ones? Also, I think I’ve re-washed the same load of clothes in our washer three times. It will be four by tonight. I left them in the washer when I left for work. And honey, at least you make it to the gym. I have no will whatsoever! This is a great list!

anna October 6, 2008 at 3:28 pm

@Mr Lady, my goldfish are chocolate, but yeah, maybe if you’re HIGH it would taste good with mustard. :)

@jenboglass yeah, the vegetarian ones. @@ I’ve got to finish this last stupid book so I can stop having such a high shame factor for the contents of my nightstand.

Ginger October 6, 2008 at 8:17 pm

Oh, I can identify with so much of your list. Except the vampires, I just can’t get into that one…yet.

Hmmm, do you think my Omnivore’s 100 counts as a list? Sure why not…

anna October 6, 2008 at 8:27 pm

@Ginger, sure! You’re all linked up!

shonda October 6, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Speaking of dumbass publicity stunts, go read my blog. Normally I wouldn’t so shamelessly beg for readers, but this is my Deer Hunter.

HeatherPride October 7, 2008 at 6:58 am

Whew, I’m totally there on 3-5, 9 & 17!!! 9 gets me the worst!

Becky October 7, 2008 at 7:44 am

In re #17. Groan, I’m totally reading the teenage vampire book, though I don’t know why. Maybe I’ve had a stroke and didn’t realize it. I think I’m going to have to post a book report after I’m done, ’cause I think it’s pernicious.

And dang, I missed the listy carnival this week! We took a long weekend. My Monday post has a chart, but no list. Next week for sure.

Elizabeth October 7, 2008 at 8:07 am

I’m all #7, all day. All the time. I listed today, too – thanks for the great ideas as always!

anna October 7, 2008 at 8:13 am

@Elizabeth–you’re all linked up!

Jen October 8, 2008 at 7:20 am

Got a hump day list up and you’re on it lady! ;)

Jen´s last blog post..Fall!

anna October 8, 2008 at 7:53 am

Cool, Jen! You’re all hooked up!

{ 1 trackback }