- After the wild success of yesterday’s numbered post, I realized I wasn’t just whistlin’ dixie about numbered posts being all the rage. Why, Karen Sugarpants is doing it today! And so is Darren Rowse. Can Dooce and P-dub be far behind? Who knew I was such a trendsetter?
- That was sarcasm.You will find I use it a lot. It is sometimes funny, but also a defense mechanism. I make up for my own insecurities by exaggerating the flaws of myself and others. I also use excessive hyperbole in my posts, to the same purpose. If you didn’t read this post today, you might not realize this. You might actually think that I think I’m a trendsetter. And that the Emperor is wearing a totally cute outfit today.
- Let me tell you about a book I am reading. It is called Intuitive Eating. It is about this revolutionary nutritional concept where you eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full, and exercise because it makes you feel good. I think it is really going to take off.
- I have to write a guest post for Mary Anne by tomorrow. Shit. When am I going to do that?
- Speaking of other bloggers, sometimes I’ll be reading a blogger and they’ll start talking about politics and either one of two things happen: 1) I zone out and start to daydream about crumpets with apple butter; or 2) I notice that they are talking about the importance of “values” or something equally moronic and I start getting extremely angry and disdainful. Because usually when people talk about how “values” are important, they think that it is a “valuable” thing to try to retrain gay people so they won’t be gay anymore, or that we should not have birth control education in public schools. Sometimes I will stop reading the blogger, or I will stop following them on Twitter, or I will keep following them on Twitter just to see what dumbass thing they say next. And then I think about how we would never be friends if we were to meet in real life. And I think that wow, things must be different where she is from, because if she thought like that here and actually articulated it, I don’t think it would go over well with the majority of people. And then I think, plus, we wear flats with our jeans ALL THE TIME here. I mean, who can wear heels and boots all the time, every day? Especially if you’re chasing after a toddler? I mean, I can only “fight the frump” for so long. And then I go back to thinking about crumpets and apple butter, because it’s much easier.
- I’m not really sure where I stand on this whole “bail out” issue. On the one hand, I think it is necessary that the government do something to keep another depression out of the picture. On the other hand, it makes me nervous that there was so little oversight in the original plan. I also think the Secretary of the Treasury is a major retard. I’m really not sure why we didn’t bail out Lehman Brothers, if we were just going to turn around and bail out AIG. I don’t know very much about economics except what I have learned from my own experience and watching the market, but I can’t help but wonder why the Treasury people seem always to be a day late and a dollar short.
- Speaking of economic experts, can somebody please explain to me why Suze Orman is the go-to expert on macroeconomics on CNN? I understand that she’s Oprah’s go-to personal finance person now, but in my mind the personal finance issues are not what people are having a hard time understanding. I mean it’s pretty straightforward–the economy’s bad, so Little Joey doesn’t get any new shoes this fall. DUH. What the problem is–people don’t understand why they should want congress to bail out banks. Don’t we need someone more, I don’t know, heavy duty, on this topic?
- I hope I don’t lose all of my readership with this totally weird post today. Must remind self to do another contest soon so as to rally up support in the wake of subpar posting. I learned that somewhere. Just keeping it real, folks.
- Write a “list” post on your blog. Ideally, this would not be a sincere list, like “10 Ways to Declutter” or something. In fact, if you write that post, go directly to your browser and delete this address. How did you get in here, anyway?
- Copy this code, and paste in the text of your post:
- Either comment or email me at anna at abdpbt dot com to let me know you’re participating, and I’ll link you up below.
Hey everybody! We’re starting a meme ! Care to jump on the bandwagon? Here’s what to do:
Check out these list lovers: