Ice Cream Bar Consistency Management System

by anna on August 23, 2008

[singlepic=101,590,440,,center]
It’s fucking hot here right now. And I’m always buying ice cream bars at the grocery store, and then by the time I get home, unload Mini, get Mini some goldfish and milky-milk, convince him to stay put in front of his play table, lock the baby gate behind me, and go back out to take the ice cream bars out of the car, they are all mushy and disgusting looking. This has happened countless times, and it’s an abomination for me to have to choose between eating something that looks like this or throwing away one of my precioussss bars.
Enter the miniature ice cooler I bought for the back of the car. I know that this is another situation where a bunch of you are like, “DUH,” but no, it never occurred to me before I read about it on the message boards. So thanks, ladies, for another great tip–my ice cream bars are perfectly frozen upon arrival in my garage, even after driving around in LA traffic for a half hour.
And yes, I buy three boxes at a time. Sometimes more.

shonda August 23, 2008 at 8:24 am

I kinda love anyone who takes their ice cream as seriously as I do.

HeatherPride August 23, 2008 at 8:04 pm

Hi! Saw your comment on The Bloggess and thought I’d pop over and check you out. I’ve been on your site for about an hour, which for me and my tiny little attention span is a great feat! Nice to meet you!

lisa August 23, 2008 at 8:26 pm

I would’ve never thought of that either. I’d save those yummy ice cream bars them by sacrificing my flex points ….cuz I’m herioc like that.

anna August 23, 2008 at 8:49 pm

@shonda LOL

Hi @Heather! Nice to meet you!

@lisa good point–although even I wouldn’t be able to go through 30 (?) of them on the way home from the store!

Mary Anna August 24, 2008 at 1:39 pm

Where I live, it’s insanely hot too (San Antonio, TX), and I live in BFE – about 20 minutes from the grocery store. I have an insulated cooler thingy that I keep in the car just for cold stuff at the grocery store. I’ve been terrified to buy popsicles since we moved, but I did successfully bring home some ice cream the other day.

Becca August 24, 2008 at 6:07 pm

Now I want ice cream.

Seriously, good idea. We live less than ten minutes from the store and it’s so freaking hot here things STILL melt before I get them home!

Jen August 25, 2008 at 7:30 am

That is awesome! I never thought of that either. I thought I was doing good just to hit the ice cream section last in my shopping venture. ;)

melissa August 25, 2008 at 9:33 am

Yay for WW ice cream bars–I have to hide them from my kids! I got the cooler idea from my mom who lives in Arizona and regularly uses it for her cold items and I thought it was brilliant and…oh, why didn’t I think of that?

anna August 25, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Exactly. It seems like something that I should have thought of years ago.