8 Signs A Kid-Friendly Holiday Might Have Taken A Wrong Turn Somewhere
- There’s an entire section devoted to zombie babies at the costume store.
- The favorite toy your three year old has found in months is a demonic plastic pumpkin that makes screaming noises.
- You are vaguely aware of some developmental purpose to Halloween, but you cannot remember how you being forced to dress up like a bee fits into it.
- And though the bee is, admittedly, far better for countless reasons than something like a “sexy nurse,” it is still disturbing to find oneself dressed identically to one’s husband, even if it is on Halloween, even if he is getting a HUGE KICK OUT OF IT, because he has wanted to dress matchy matchy since, oh I don’t know, every day since we met.
- Skeletons have become a happy savior to you because at least they don’t involve severed limbs.
- You find yourself wishing that they didn’t feel the need to make clowns scarier.
- Your question of, “Where are the vampire teeth?” is met with the question, “What kind of vampire teeth do you need?”
- Your three year old is already planning out what he will wear next year, in between gigantic bites of candy.
Got a list to share? Here’s what to do:
- Write a “list” post on your blog.
- Copy this code, and paste in the text of your post:
- Either comment or email me at anna at abdpbt dot com to let me know you’re participating, and I’ll link you up below.
Check out these list lovers:
- Why I Won’t Be Attending Mom 2.011 | ABDPBT Personal Finance
- Susan at Somethyme Writer
- Ginger at Ramble Ramble