How To Use Ozh Better Feed Plugin to Rip Off the 43 Folders RSS Copyright Footer In 9 Easy Steps
You might have noticed that I sort of recently put a more extensive copyright notice in the footers of my feeds. Why did I do this? No reason, really. I just saw how Merlin Mann of 43 Folders does his feed copyright notices, and I wanted to be a copycat, because I’m kind of a fangirl of his. And I thought it looked cool. And basically, if you’re looking for a philosophy of design here, that’s it for me–does Anna think it looks cool? yeah? Well, then, giddyup!
Anyhoo, if you’re wondering how I did it, here’s my secret: the Ozh Better Feed Plugin for WordPress, which allows you to put anything you want, more or less, into the footer of your RSS feed, provided you know the code required to do so. It’s a step above the average copyright plugins for WordPress because you have more ability to customize what your feed says, and this is why I like it. Here’s how to use it:
If you’d like to rip off the 43 Folders copyright footer also, here are the steps to take:
- Download the Ozh Better Feed Plugin.
- Use FTP to upload it into your plugins folder in WordPress (wp-content–>plugins).
- Activate the plugin by going to the plugin menu on your WordPress dashboard and clicking on “activate.”
- Go to the Better Feed Dashboard (Settings–>BetterFeed). It should look like this:
- Enter in the following html into the code box, making changes for your blog’s information where noted: