Of Note This Week
Each week, in addition to the links you can see by spying on my Google Reader, I compile a list of posts that interested me and post them here on Saturday. You can check out the ABDPBT Personal Finance and ABDPBT Tech versions at your leisure as well. If you have any posts that were great that I missed, please send me an email and I’ll check it out before next week.
- I rather enjoyed MetroDad’s list of 25 Life Lessons to his daughter. I would say that I wish my own father would have written such a list, but then he would not be my father, so eh.
- Influential Marketing has a somewhat overly optimistically titled (stunning? really?) but nonetheless interesting article on 10 Stunning and Influential Facts about Twitter. I’m not sure anything on Twitter or about Twitter is going to stun me any time soon, but still, kind of interesting.
- Who says swearing is good for you? Scientific Fucking American, that’s who.
- Mom-101 contends that we needn’t have anxiety about BlogHer because bloggers are not the popular people. Listen, speak for yourself, sweetheart. Now, where is my news on World of Warcraft?
- A recent controversy among food critics concerned whether or not the food served at the Cheesecake Factory is actually good. Good tasting, that is, not good for you. There’s really not any controversy over the latter. This summary of the debate between food critics is interesting and offers some interesting (and disturbing) information about the big business of chain food.