17 Things They Call Me That Aren’t My Name
- “. . . interesting. In a writerly bloggy way.” — Neilochka
- “Oscar the Grouch.” — My high school basketball team.
- ” . . . a fucking moron.” — Unnamed Member of the mommyblogosphere
- “Ma’am” — Sales associate, Abercrombie & Fitch, when I was 26
- ” . . . great writer.” — Eliz from Tink’s Mom Dot Com
- “. . . trying to capitalize on some of the day’s dramas.” and “LAME.” — Another unnamed member of the mommyblogosphere
- “Blossom” — my father, when I was grumpy in the mornings during my childhood.
- ” . . . obsesed [sic.] with Dooce”– Owner, Hate Blog
- “The Patron Saint of Diaper Pails” — Deb at Missives From Suburbia
- “Mrs. Right-Click,” — The cashier at Pavillions when I use our phone number as the club card code.
- “. . . get[s] off on giving people shit,” — A-list blogger
- “1/1000th of the person that The Redneck Mommy is,” — Same A-list blogger
- “How fucking dare you?” — Once again, the same A-list blogger
- “Dear Taxpayer,” — People who are running for some kind of city office and send me flyers.
- “Mean,” — Anonymous, presumably conservative commenter
- “Sweetheart,” — Mr. Right-Click
- “Muh-mah,” — Mini
(Actually, the last two are kind of starting to feel like my name, and they mean more than all the rest.)
Got a list to share? Here’s what to do:
- Write a “list” post on your blog.
- Copy this code, and paste in the text of your post:
- Either comment or email me at anna at abdpbt dot com to let me know you’re participating, and I’ll link you up below.
Check out these list lovers:
- ABDPBT Personal Finance
- Ginny Marie at LemonDropPie
- Eliz at Tink’s Mom Dot Com
- Crazy Loves Company
- Elizabeth at Half Baked, Twice as Good
- Laurin from Laurin and Kelly Talk
- Emily from I Did It For Me
- Kerry at Clue Wagon
- Ginger at Ramble Ramble